Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla Pie12 Tomatoes
Have you ever bitten into a quesadilla and wished there were just more to it? Those crispy, cheesy-goodness-filled tortillas are so packed with flavor, but they disappear so quickly! Plus, making them typically means spending a lot of time over the stove as you prepare each one, so we wanted to come up with a way to make a quesadilla dinner that was more filling, and that made a more well-rounded meal that our family could enjoy.Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal1
After a little brainstorming we came up with the idea to turn this yummy dish into a pie of sorts, filled with chicken, chiles, cheese, and eggs, all sitting atop a tasty tortilla that holds things together. Trust us, this behemoth of a “pie” makes for one fun, delicious dinner that our family loved and devoured. It looks and tastes incredible, so get excited for the rave reviews that will pour in once you make it!
Chicken Quesadilla Pie
35min to prepare; 1 hour to cook; serves 6-8
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded (or 2 chicken breasts, shredded)
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425º F and lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate with butter or non-stick spray.
- Place tortilla into pie plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, 1 cup cheese, cilantro, green chiles, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Stir until everything is combined, then transfer mixture to tortilla-filled pie plate, smoothing everything into an even layer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk flour and eggs, then stir in baking powder and season generously with salt.
- Once smooth, carefully pour mixture over chicken filling. Top evenly with remaining cheese, then transfer pie plate to oven.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until surface is golden brown and center is just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice into wedges and serve hot, garnish with fresh cilantro or sour cream.