Crack Chicken Noodle Soup12 Tomatoes
Okay, so whether this dish is a soup or a ridiculously creamy pasta is besides the point – we’re choosing for it to be a soup and it is AMAZING. Inspired by our crack chicken spaghetti bake, this soup has it all – it’s packed with tons of ingredients and yummy flavor. We’re not trying to say that classic chicken noodle soup is old news, but at the same time, this soup breathes new life into the old stand-by and we think you’d be hard-pressed to find someone not totally obsessed with it once they’ve tried it.Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal1
So what makes it so drool-worthy? Lots of tasty roasted chicken, naturally, but also plenty of cheese and bacon, along with some dry ranch mix (that stuff is just so good – and versatile!) and a can of condensed chicken soup to make things extra thick and creamy. Music to our ears, if you ask us! Throw in some dry spaghetti that you’ve broken into smaller pieces and then let that bad boy simmer away until your pasta is perfectly al dente. By cooking your pasta in the soup this way you get all the starches mixed in, which act as natural thickeners and help make this recipe as creamy as can be. (There’s that magic word again!)Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal2
You’ve got protein, veggies and tons of flavor, making this soup a great choice for any family meal. Everyone loves it, it’s super filling and won’t leave you feeling hungry right after you leave the table, and it’s one of the most comforting dishes you could ever tuck into. Seriously, you need to try this soup…you’ll be hooked in an instant!Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal3
Crack Chicken Noodle Soup
30 min to prepare; 20 min to cook; serves 8
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (32 oz.) package low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (1 oz.) package dry ranch seasoning mix
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat and sauté onion, carrot and celery until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dry ranch mix and cook for 1 minute, stirring until veggies are evenly coated, then add chicken broth and chicken soup.
- Stir together and mix in spaghetti, bacon and chicken, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, or until noodles are cooked and veggies are tender, then stir in cheddar cheese and half-and-half.
- Cook for another 3-5 minute, then serve and enjoy.