Creamy And Sweet Nut Tart12 Tomatoes
One of our favorite pies to serve for guests is this creamy nut tart. It’s easily made ahead of time so we have one less thing to do to get ready for entertaining. A simple but deliciously flaky crust is filled with creamy sweetened mascarpone cheese and then topped with chopped nuts and a dusting of powdered sugar.Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal1
We know we could buy something at the store, but we love to bake a little something from scratch to make our guests feel special, and this tart does the trick. The rustic elegance and creamy, nutty flavor of this homemade pie makes everyone feel appreciated, and it’s the perfect way to end a meal.
Creamy And Sweet Nut Tart
40 min, plus 2 hours to chill to prepare; 20 min to cook; serves 6–8
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar divided, plus extra for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed (1 stick)
- 1 large egg, yolk separated
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 3/4 cups mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Combine flours, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and salt in large bowl. Stir in butter with clean fingers or a fork until the mixture resembles small pebbles. Mix in egg yolk and almond extract. Add enough ice water to form dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Grease 9-inch tart pan. Roll out chilled dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Press into prepared pan. Prick bottom of crust with fork. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover crust with parchment paper. Add dry beans or pie weights in center. Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes. Remove weights. Bake 3 to 5 minutes until crust is golden. Cool completely.
- Mix mascarpone, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl. Whip cream in separate bowl until just thickened. Fold cream into cheese mixture. Pour filling into cooled crust. Sprinkle with chopped almonds, sunflower seeds and a dusting of powdered sugar. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.