Rustic Sausage And Vegetable Stew12 Tomatoes
This rustic sausage and veggie stew is one of our favorite meals to prepare when the weather gets chilly. It’s just the right combination of simplicity and rustic elegance. Inspired by the flavorful South American recipe for puchero, this version is a hearty combination of garlicky sausage, tender beef, bacon, and vegetables.
We love how the familiar beef stew flavors come together with the other ingredients for something unique and delicious. What we really like about this recipe is that it only requires about 15 minutes of active cooking to create a comforting meal that tastes so fabulous! Anytime we serve this sausage and veggie stew, everyone leaves the table feeling satisfied and happy.Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal1
Rustic Sausage And Vegetable Stew
30 min to prepare; 2 hours to cook; serves 6–8
- 2 medium garlic sausage links, sliced
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck, cubed
- 3 medium bacon strips, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Warm oil in large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and green pepper 3 to 5 minutes until just tender. Add minced garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in broth. Add sausage, beef and bacon. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer about 1 1/2 hours until meats are cooked through and tender.
- Uncover. Stir in beans and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to simmer 20 to 25 minutes until carrots are tender. Serve immediately.