Creamy Eggnog Fudge12 Tomatoes
For those of you who love eggnog as much as we do (- and even if you’re not the biggest fan of it), this is the best holiday treat to bring to parties. Believe us, we’re usually all about the candy cane fudge, but we made this last weekend and it blew us away. Not only does it taste just like our favorite winter beverage, but it also tastes exactly like the egg custard we grew up eating for dessert. Deliciously creamy, perfectly spiced, and light-as-air? Don’t mind if we do!Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal1
If you still need a little more convincing, whether about the flavor or the process, here it is: this fudge is a breeze to make and gets rave reviews no matter what. While it isn’t quite as easy as some condensed milk-based fudges, this one is still super easy…if you can stir for a few minutes, you’re already halfway there! Mix in your eggnog, white chocolate, marshmallow creme and nutmeg and you’ve got the making for a light, refreshing take on a classic dessert, perfect for any and all family get-togethers. Enjoy!
30 min to prepare; 30 min to cook; serves 18-24
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, plus extra for garnish
- Line a square baking dish with aluminum foil, then grease foil with butter or non-stick spray.
- Combine butter, sugar and eggnog in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Stirring frequently, bring mixture to 234º F, then remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips until melted.
- Working quickly, stir in marshmallow creme, vanilla extract and nutmeg until fully incorporated, then transfer mixture to greased baking dish.
- Smooth out the top of the fudge, then top with a sprinkle of a nutmeg, if desired. Let cool and, once set, cut into squares and enjoy!