Greek Lemon Garlic Roasted Potatoes12 Tomatoes
Potatoes are one of those ridiculously versatile ingredients that, even though we think we’ve had them every which way, never cease to surprise us when we make them differently. While we’ve made hundreds of batches of roasted potatoes, we decided to take a Greek approach this time – something we hadn’t ever tried before – and went heavy with the lemon juice and olive oil. Along with plenty of garlic, mustard and typical Mediterranean herbs, these potatoes turned out perfectly crispy, with a deliciously bright flavor that will have you completely hooked.Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal1
Not only do we love the way these Greek lemon garlic roasted potatoes taste, but we love how easy they are to make! We mentioned the main ingredients involved above, but the prep “work” involved is seriously only five minutes. If you can whisk all your ingredients (minus the potatoes) in a bowl, you’re all set. Then toss your tots in the lemony dressing and spread ‘em out on a baking sheet. You’re done! Once they go in the oven you can go and relax for 45 minutes – when you come back, you’ll have the best potatoes to go along with your dinner!
Greek Roasted Potatoes
30 min to prepare; 1 hour to cook; serves 4-6
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil with garlic, lemon juice, mustard, oregano and basil, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place in bowl, then toss together until all potatoes are evenly coated in lemon garlic sauce.
- Once everything is mixed together, transfer potatoes to baking sheet and place baking sheet in oven. (Optional: top with aluminum foil.)
- Bake for 50 minutes, then remove foil, if using, and bake for another 10, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.