This Easy Cranberry Cake Is The Perfect Holiday Treat! Passes For Both Breakfast And Dessert!12 Tomatoes
As much as we love banana bread and chocolate chip zucchini bread, they don’t interest us as much once we get to a certain part of the year. there’s something about using cranberries that feels festive, and the fact that they also add a yummy, sweet and tart tang to our cake is just a bonus!
This tea cake is perfect at any time of day, not just when you’re enjoying a cup of tea; for breakfast, with lunch, or after dinner, this is a not-too-sweet loaf cake that is simple to make, but not at all simple in flavor!Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal1
Cranberry Tea Cake
30 min to prepare; 1 hour to cook; serves 2 loaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, roughly chopped (fresh or dried)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until lightened in color and fluffy. 4-5 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Alternate between adding 1/3 cup of dry ingredients and 1-2 tablespoons buttermilk. Begin and end with flour mixture.
- Gently fold in chopped cranberries and pour batter into loaf pans.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool, then sift powdered sugar on top and enjoy!