Muffin Tin Meat Pies12 Tomatoes
It seems like every country on this great green earth has their own version of the meat pie, and it’s easy to see why… Hearty, savory meat encased in a tender flaky crust? Yes, please. They’re like a package of delicious, cozy comfort. What’s not to love? But we might love them even more when they’re baked up in individual servings! Our Muffin Tin Meat Pies make quick work of a delicious meal, and since they come personal-sized, there’s no need to share any of that goodness.
These are really quick to make (especially if you’re using a pre-made pie dough) and we find that they freeze really well. Just assemble them and pop them in the freezer before baking, and add about five extra minutes when you are ready to bake them. We love to pack them in lunches; it’s nice to take a break from peanut butter and jelly every once in a while!Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal1
This particular filling is delicious, but you can totally make it your own if you want. Adding some chopped bacon is definitely not a bad idea and ground turkey or beef would both be a great way to change things up.Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal2
Muffin Tin Meat Pies
45 min to prepare; 1 hour to cook; serves 12
- 2 9-inch refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground pork, onion, salt, pepper, sage, breadcrumbs, and 1 tablespoon of the eggs. Mix to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Unroll dough and cut out 12 4-inch circles with a cookie cutter. Re-roll scraps of dough and cut out 12 2-inch circles.
- Line muffin tins with larger circles of dough and divide meat filling evenly between cups. Top with 2-inch circles, pinching edges together to seal.
- Poke holes in the top of each pie with a fork. Brush with remaining egg and bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before removing pies from pan. Serve warm. Enjoy!