Cheesy Crock Pot Broccoli Stuffing Casserole12 Tomatoes
Looking for a stick-to-your-ribs side dish this season that will round out your meals and leave you totally satiated? We’ve got you covered. This is technically a slow cooker dish, but its contents are so tasty and reminiscent of something we’d cook in the oven that we think it’s fair to call it a slow cooker casserole. At its core, it’s a cheesy broccoli-stuffing-stuffed recipe that everyone in our family absolutely adores. Making it in the slow cooker is a breeze – although you could also easily make this an oven bake instead – and we’re huge fans of the finished result.
What makes this dish special and different is the use of cornbread stuffing. It makes this dish more filling than your typical veggie side, plus, using the cornbread variety in particular is a great addition of flavor…the fact that it pumps up the recipe into something that will really tide you over is just a bonus! Along with the broccoli and stuffing, we’ve got cream of mushroom soup and plenty of cheese to give this dish is creamy consistency.Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal1
The broccoli softens nicely but retains a little bite to it (perfection!), and the stuffing softens up deliciously – everything just goes so well together! If you’ve got this on the docket for dinner, it doesn’t really matter what you end up making for the main course…this side dish steals the show every time!Proper: 12tomatoes_horizontal3
Broccoli Stuffing Casserole
15 min to prepare; 2 hours to cook; serves 6–8
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 oz.) box cornbread stuffing
- 12 oz. Velveeta or cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place cornbread stuffing in a microwaveable and pour chicken broth over it, stirring together until stuffing is moistened.
- Place in microwave and cook for 3 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer stuffing to slow cooker, then add broccoli, mushroom soup, Velveeta. Season generously with salt and pepper, and sprinkle garlic powder over everything.
- Stir together to combine, then cover slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours, or until broccoli is tender.
- Serve hot and enjoy.